Partner, CA, CIRP, CPA, LIT
Education & Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of Witwatersrand, South Africa, 1982
- Bachelor of Accounting, University of Witwatersrand, South Africa, 1985
- Chartered Accountant (CA), South African Institute of Chartered Accountants, 1986
- Chartered Accountant (CA), Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants, 1990
- Chartered Insolvency and Restructuring Professional (CIRP), Canada, 1994
- Licensed Insolvency Trustee, Canada, 1995
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA), Institute of Chartered Accountants of Ontario, 2012
Gary Lifman is the Joint Managing Partner of Farber Financial Group. He is also the leader of the Firm's Insolvency & Restructuring practice.
His practice focuses on corporate insolvency and restructuring, distressed financial advisory services and corporate consultative advisory services.
He applies his considerable expertise to numerous commercial insolvency and restructuring engagements in virtually every sector of the economy. Lenders and advisors believe that Gary’s brings credibility, confidence and creativity to assignments.
Since joining the firm in 1990, Gary has been a pivotal force in the growth of Farber Financial Group. Gary is committed to the future of the firm. He works closely with both the firm’s rising young stars and senior professionals to deliver excellence on every assignment.
Prior to immigrating to Canada from South Africa in 1988, Gary honed his skills in a wide range of industries. He was an integral member of the team that grew a ten-store supermarket chain to a public company with over 150 stores.
Gary brings more than 30 years of professional and business experience, having worked on behalf of banks, venture capital firms, and other secured lenders. His calm, confident approach and in-depth knowledge have resulted in an enviable reputation for effective and innovative results. His creativity and excellent analytical, negotiation, and people skills have enabled Gary to expertly facilitate resolutions to difficult situations. He has applied his considerable expertise to numerous commercial insolvency and restructuring engagements in virtually every sector of the economy.