CPA, CA, CIRP, LIT
Education & Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of South Africa, 1996
- Honours Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting and Auditing, University of South Africa, 1997
- Chartered Accountant (CA), South African Institute of Chartered Accountants, 1998
- Chartered Accountant (CA), Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants, 1999
- Chartered Insolvency and Restructuring Professional (CIRP), Canada, 2005
- Licensed Insolvency Trustee, Canada, 2005
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA), Institute of Chartered Accountants of Ontario, 2012
Ilan Kibel is a Licensed Insolvency Trustee with the Insolvency & Restructuring practice of Farber Financial Group.
Ilan manages the firm’s Simcoe Region practices (Barrie, Alliston, Collingwood, Midland, Orillia and Wasaga Beach).
His practice focuses on small business and corporate insolvency and restructuring, distressed financial advisory services and corporate consultative advisory services.
He joined Farber Financial Group in 2012 with more than 12 years of experience in insolvency and restructuring in Canada where he gained experience acting as Trustee/Administrator of Proposals, Licensed Insolvency Trustee of consumer and corporate estates, private and court-appointed receiver, interim receiver, private and court-appointed monitor and proceedings under the CCAA (Companies’ Creditors Arrangements Act).
His commercial industry experience includes greenhouse operations, general manufacturing and machining, and retail. In addition to his insolvency and restructuring experience, Ilan also has experience in providing transaction-related services including due diligence, corporate finance, and mergers & acquisitions support to mid-market enterprises.
Ilan brings a creative, respectful and co-operative approach to all insolvency engagements. He takes great pride in his work whether it is assisting a family save their home while maximizing the recovery to creditors or it is restructuring and preserving a viable business for its stakeholders, owners and employees.