Consultations available by video and phone with electronic signatures.

Can I go Bankrupt or file a Consumer Proposal in Canada if I am a Canadian living abroad?

  • Keep your CAR, HOME, and RRSPs
  • Stop harassing CREDITOR CALLS immediately
  • Get the largest DEBT REDUCTION that is fair
  • 70+ Offices | 40+ Years Experience | 100,000 Satisfied Canadians
  •  Consumer Choice Award

    Start Living Debt Free!

    Book Your 1 Hour FREE confidential, no obligation PHONE or VIDEO consultation today.

    Yes you can. You can re-establish residency in Canada and then file for Bankruptcy or Consumer Proposal in Canada or you can bankrupt or file a proposal under Canadian law while still living in a foreign nation if certain conditions are met. Please speak to us for more information.  

      Related articles:

    Your legal options available to help you deal with an excessive debt load


    Adam, we were very impressed with your analysis of our financial situation, options available to us and your recommendations. The meeting was very efficient and professional. Thank you again Regards, Eric (Toronto)

      Can I go bankrupt or file a consumer proposal if I am a Canadian living abroad?   book-free-appointment Go Back to Main Questions