This Position Has Been Filled.
Chief Financial Officer
Farber is an independent business advisory firm that provides a wide range of strategic, financial and operating solutions for businesses of all sizes—including large enterprises, mid-sized companies and small private businesses. We work with organizational leaders in collaboration with their advisors, lenders and other professionals, to offer seamless support in four key areas: restructuring, financial, human capital and consulting.
Since 1979, Farber has grown to more than 50 offices across Canada and over 200 employees. This diverse national footprint, combined with our membership in the BTG Global Advisory network, allows us to provide the international reach, local expertise and personalized approach our clients need to succeed in today’s global economy.
We are currently searching for a CFO to join our business, based out of our North York office. The CFO will work as a business partner to the leaders of the firm, will demonstrate effective engagement and collaboration and will create and sustain an effective culture of financial stewardship within the organization.
The CFO is a key leader providing overall corporate leadership in growing the firm’s business through effective planning and execution of strategic business objectives. Lead the accounting and finance operations of the business, including the management of the accounting records, financial planning, budgeting and analysis, performance measurement, management reporting and the oversight and enforcement of internal controls. Provide direct value to multiple business units through seamless and efficient delivery of defined corporate finance shared services that meet or exceed internal customer requirements. Provide strong leadership in the development and training of exceptional finance talent to foster a team and culture of high performance, productivity, accountability, transparency and collaboration.
In order to be considered for this opportunity, you will possess the following:
- CPA Designation, with a progressive career, coupled with 10+ years in a financial leadership role and at least 5 years as a CFO
- A proven track record of building and leading strong, technically sound finance functions including successful FP&A and M&A activities
- A continuous improvement mindset growing the firm’s competitive capability through improved talent, systems and processes
- Professional services industry background preferred
- Leadership and development of world class teams and talent in Finance
- Solid technology skill sets including proficiency with ERP/GL systems and MS-Office (financial modeling with Excel)
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills; change agent, mission driven with high integrity and transparent style, collaborative and relationship builder
If you are a leader who has undertaken finance transformation projects, has led organizations through growth and increasing complexity, has built best in class reporting for decision support and has impacted both top and bottom line results, then this is an exciting opportunity for you. Please apply immediately and in confidence to be considered.
To apply directly for this position please e mail your resume directly to Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org. Or fax to: 416-496-9651
Please be sure to:
- Copy or type your resume into the body of the e mail message OR
- Attach your resume via a file attachment in Word, PDF, HTML or plain text
We thank all candidates for submitting their resume, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Farber Financial and its entities will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.