Looking to consolidate and reduce your debt into one simple, affordable monthly payment? You have come to the right place. The licensed Trustees in our Barrie offices will help you achieve that goal through the filing of a Consumer Proposal.
How Does a Consumer Proposal Help You Consolidate Debt?
While all of us have heard of debt consolidation loans, very few people know what a Consumer Proposal is. While a traditional debt consolidation loan typically requires you to borrow funds from a lender (often at high interest) to consolidate your various unsecured credit cards, loan, lines of credit and other debts into a single monthly payment, a Consumer Proposal has all of the benefits of such a consolidation without the additional costs:
- Just like a traditional debt consolidation loan, you would make one monthly payment to the licensed trustee (our team in Barrie will develop a repayment plan that fits your budget so you’re not struggling each month).
- Unlike a debt consolidation, there is no additional interest accrued when you file a Consumer Proposal. In fact, all interest stops dead the moment the Proposal is filed
- A Consumer Proposal usually requires the repayment of only a portion of the debt you owe (normally 30% to 50%), unlike a debt consolidation loan where you would have to pay back 100% plus interest on the amount borrowed.
- You do not need to have a co-signer to file a Consumer Proposal since you’re not borrowing any money.
- Unlike a short-term consolidation loan, a Consumer Proposal gives you up to five years to repay. This allows each monthly payment to be smaller and more manageable
- Once approved by your creditors and the court (which usually takes approximately 60 days), a Consumer Proposal can be paid off at any time without penalty. In fact, we encourage you to pay the proposal off before the five-year period is up, as doing so helps you improve your credit rating sooner.
Learn More About Debt Consolidation
Looking to learn more about debt consolidation? Why not take a look through our valuable articles below to learn more:
How Debt Consolidation Loans Work
Advantages of a Debt Consolidation Loan
How to Qualify For Debt Consolidation
Disadvantages of a Debt Consolidation Loan
We Are Here To Help You Get Out Of Debt
For more than a decade, A. Farber & Partners has assisted thousands of people with debt problems in Barrie and the surrounding area. Our licensed debt relief professionals are here to help you get out of debt.
Meet Our Debt Relief Professionals
Jacquie Cordeiro, Debt Solutions Manager
Jacquie Cordeiro, Debt Solutions Manager. enjoys helping people solve their money problems, and seeing how relieved they are when they realize how straightforward the process can be to achieve freedom from debt. Jacquie prides herself on going the extra mile for you - her wealth and breadth of debt relief experience are unmatched in the Barrie region. "We understand what it takes to get you out of debt as painlessly and as easily as possible," says Jacquie. "You are not alone in these trying and stressful financial times. Life can be unfair, but we can help find the proper solution effective for you. I can assure you I will provide you with the courtesy & respect you deserve, and assist you in re-establishing and rebuilding your credit."
Deanna Fullerton, Debt Solutions Manager
Our other Debt Solutions Manager at our Barrie Insolvency Trustee office is Deanna Fullerton. She is an experienced financial services professional, who brings a wide range of financial and management skills together to help people resolve their debt issues. She has worked for over twenty years in credit and financial planning, enabling her to see all sides of an individual’s financial situation. Deanna uses her experience to help people struggling with debt problems find the best solution. She is a compassionate individual who understands that “life happens”, and that people sometimes experience hard times.
Reaching Our Insolvency Trustee Office in Barrie
Suite 302 Barrie, Ontario L4M 1A8
Tel: (705) 300-3328