This Position Has Been Filled.
Are you a technical Project Manager, Applications Manager, or Senior Business Analyst who has extensive experience in the Microsoft Enterprise Application suites? Do you have experience leading an IT application project and desire to grow into a management position? Do you want to join a reputable professional service firm and be a key driver to the firm’s digital transformation project? If the answers are “YES”, this might be a perfect next step in your career.
Farber is an independent business advisory firm that provides a wide range of strategic, financial, and operating solutions for businesses of all sizes—including large enterprises, mid-sized companies and small private businesses. We successfully partner and work with the leadership of North American companies, their advisors, lenders and other professionals. Our diverse team of business-savvy professionals operate seamlessly to provide services across the areas of restructuring, financial, human capital, and consulting. We are also a licensed Insolvency Trustee which helped over 50,000 Canadians to become Debt Free. With offices in Toronto, across Ontario, and Vancouver, Farber is positioned to advise businesses across Canada. Our global alliance extends our reach and provides opportunities in North America, Europe, Asia, Africa, and beyond, reflecting the increasingly global nature of business. Established in 1979, Farber continues to grow by fostering an unparalleled collaborative approach and by actively aligning interests with our clients.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Information Technology, the IT Applications Manager will be responsible for developing and managing technology projects as well as hands-on configuration of Microsoft cloud offerings to meet the changing and growing business needs. The incumbent will be also responsible for acquiring and managing 3rd party partner relationships and delivery for enhancements.
- Project Management
- Continue to build the PM Practice based on newly implemented best practices
- Create & manage project plans; Align project objectives with company goals, and make sure project team is clear on objectives
- Define project schedules, allocate resources and monitor progress
- Help project team with the design and development tasks
- Lead process of issue identification and resolution
- Manage risk tracking process
- Monitor and manage project scope
- Manage all project documentation
- Lead multiple projects simultaneously
- Application Configuration and Management
- Be the technical lead for the organization for a 200+ seat Microsoft Dynamics 365 deployment
- Understand the business needs and provide configurable solutions where possible in Dynamics 365
- Work with other partners and internal technology stakeholders to ensure an integrated solution
- Provide training for the organization as changes are implemented
- Keep up to date with the Dynamics 365 Roadmap and how it can assist the organization to continuously improve
- Support and grow the end user capability of other Microsoft Cloud offerings, specifically Sharepoint portal, Power BI and new Office 365 apps.
- Relationship management and Operation
- Foster partnership with customers/stakeholders/sponsors
- Hire external consultants and participate in vendor selection and partnership
- Share best practice within the IT group and be a go-to resource for applications and project management methodology
- Three or more years IT project management experience, PMP certifications preferred
- Experience with Agile, waterfall or hybrid methodologies
- Detail-oriented with solid technical background
- Eager to share knowledge and best practices, thrives in collaborative entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent communications skills with customers, team and stakeholders; Ability to convey complex technical concepts with less tech-savvy users
- Customer-focused mindset, curiosity to gain knowledge of firm’s lines of practices and strong desire to bring technological changes to the organization
- Previous people management or team lead experience
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 or other relevant CRM experience is highly desired
- Familiar with Microsoft enterprise suite such as Sharepoint, PowerBI and Navigation
Why Join Farber?
At Farber, we believe in the well-being of our staff. From company-sponsored educational programs, to employee events like our annual Farber Fun Day and Year-End Dinner, there’s always something exciting happening.
Our staff also enjoy regular “Lunch ‘n Learn” sessions, a monthly Pizza Lunch, our incredibly-popular annual Staff Golf Tournament and our Winter Bowling Challenge, plus many other events. We enjoy working, playing and learning together.
Staff can participate in our generous Benefits Plan, plus the latest in cutting-edge technology designed to help make each day more productive and efficient.
We are always looking for creative and energetic individuals to join our Farber team. If you enjoy an entrepreneurial work environment, and are looking for an excellent opportunity to learn and grow, Farber could be the place for you.
Please apply immediately and in confidence to be considered for this exciting, long-term career opportunity.
We thank all candidates for submitting their resume, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Farber and its entities will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.