This Position Has Been Filled.
Farber is an independent business advisory firm that provides practical solutions to complex financial and operating problems. We have a reputation for responsiveness and a track record of helping our clients achieve their objectives and overcome challenges.
We successfully partner and work with the leadership of North American companies, their advisors, lenders and other professionals. Our diverse team of business-savvy professionals operate seamlessly to provide services across the areas of restructuring, financial, human capital, and consulting.
With offices in Toronto, across Ontario, and Vancouver, Farber is positioned to advise businesses across Canada. Our global alliance extends our reach and provides opportunities in North America, Europe, Asia, Africa, and beyond, reflecting the increasingly global nature of business. Established in 1979, Farber continues to grow by fostering an unparalleled collaborative approach and by actively aligning interests with our clients.
Making business work better, together.™
We are currently seeking a Junior Accounting Analyst to join our Finance team at our Sheppard Office. This is a full-time position.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assisting with various Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable administrative tasks such as journal entry preparation, back up compilation, scanning and filing of documents
- Invoice generation and support for the various Farber Business Units
- Matching of cash receipts to Accounts Receivable items in their appropriate Business Units
- Assist Business units in collections activities
- Verifying and reconciling expense reports and other vendor payments
- Assisting with data gathering for all major projects
- Preparation and entry of month-end transactions into the general ledgers
- Prepare journal entries as directed
- Weekly and monthly reports
- Additional duties as required
Skills & Qualifications:
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task is a must
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible and able to work effectively as a team player
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a constantly changing, fun and fast-paced environment.
- Experience with accounting systems (Microsoft Dynamics NAV preferred)
- Advanced skills in using Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook and Word)
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in Finance or Accounting
To apply directly for this position please e-mail your resume directly to the Human Resources Department, mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org Or fax to: 416-496-9651
Please be sure to:
- Copy or type your resume into the body of the e mail message OR
- Attach your resume via a file attachment in Word, PDF, HTML or plain text
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Farber Financial and its entities will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.