Here’s what over 40 years of experience has taught us…
People have been conditioned to believe that the measure of success is tied to financial status. The truth is… people are much more than their money and the possessions they have.
We know that money doesn’t define you and together we’ll identify how much and what type of debts you owe and develop an action plan personalized to your specific situation, helping you achieve financial health as quickly and responsibly as possible.
You’re not alone, we’ll help you learn that not all debt is bad, and that there is such a thing as good debt. We help you manage your debt today, and set you up to enjoy a healthier relationship with your money tomorrow.
What can you expect?
- A free, no-obligation, consultation with an experienced professional that wants to hear about your current situation and what’s stressing you the most.
- A genuine, straightforward and non-judgemental partnership, focused on helping you find the right debt solution for your unique situation.
- Whichever debt solution is best for you, we’ll be your partner, by your side until your final payment – and beyond.
What will we do?
- Stop all collection calls and legal action immediately, protecting you legally from the companies you owe money to.
- Immediately freeze interest and late fees on your debts.
- Negotiate the largest debt reduction that is fair, working with you on what you can afford.
- Provide credit counseling focused on your financial health.
Ready to chat? We’re ready to listen – and help. Click the FREE CONSULTATION button below, or give us a call!
Reducing debt with a consumer proposal
A consumer proposal is a formal and legally-binding agreement between you and the companies you owe money to. In short, it’s a negotiation to pay less to the companies you owe money to.
The benefits of a consumer proposal is that it helps you keep your assets, stops collection calls and allows you to manage your debt by letting you pay less. We handle all negotiations, which can help take the pressure off.
Throughout the process, one of our Licensed Insolvency Trustees (LIT) works alongside you. Together, we negotiate your existing debt amount down to a more manageable amount.
The first step is to contact us for a free, no-obligation, consultation to discuss if a consumer proposal is the right option for you.
Eliminating debt through bankruptcy
Bankruptcy is the term used when you simply cannot meet your payments, even at a drastically reduced rate, like a consumer proposal. Claiming bankruptcy includes selling your assets to pay your outstanding debt and that’s why it’s important to know all other options before deciding bankruptcy is your best option.
Bankruptcy can be an option when you are unable to make your payments and if you’ve lost all your household income for a long period of time.
In many cases, if you’ve chosen bankruptcy it’s because most options aren’t available to you. Before considering bankruptcy, all other options, such as a consumer proposal should be considered.
The first step is to contact us for a free, no commitment consultation to discuss ways you might avoid bankruptcy, or to explore whether it’s the right option for you.
Can’t recommend Farber enough. The Farber team was fantastic in helping me navigate a consumer proposal to finally get my finances back under control. Friendly, helpful, non-judgmental, never laughed when I had a stupid question. They help with everything you would need when trying to navigate a stressful, difficult situation. I can’t recommend them enough.
— Shane M. Feb. 2021